Most of the times you like to use a mouse while working on their laptops as compared to using a touchpad. Bluetooth mouse is the best wireless mouse and can be a handy tool for you but at the same time, different problems reported such as Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working.
Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working especially when you are working with Windows 10, and for this reason, lots of solutions are here. When you are facing the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working issue, you can also have some other related issues such as;
- Bluetooth is paired but unable to connect with Windows 10.
- Bluetooth devices such as Bluetooth mouse or keyboard are not working properly on Windows 10.
- Bluetooth is not able to detect devices on Windows 10.
- Checking Bluetooth radio status error.
How to fix Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse Not Working error
Fix#1: Changing Power and Sleep Settings
To solve the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working issue you can change the power and sleep settings. Some of the users reported this solution to disable the option of “Stay connected to Wi-Fi while asleep” in the sleep settings.
By doing this procedure you can solve Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working error and other connectivity problems as well. You can perform this method by following the below steps;
- At the first step, go to Settings and open System.
- Now go to the Power and Sleep tab.
- You have to uncheck both options of “On battery power stay connected to Wi-Fi while asleep”, and “Stay connected to Wi-Fi while asleep, when plugged-in”.
Fix#2: Update Bluetooth Driver
If you are not satisfied with the above solution, then you can try this one. This is the most common solution to resolve lots of issues on Windows 10 or older versions.
It can be possible that the drivers of your Microsoft Bluetooth mobile mouse 3600 needed to be updated. For this reason, your Bluetooth mouse cannot be compatible with your Windows 10. You have to update your drivers to make them attuned with the system.
Follow these steps to update the drivers to solve Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working;
- In the search bar on your Window screen, type devicemanager to open the Device Manager window.
- Now look for the Bluetooth mouse that you want to get paired with, and right-click on it.
- Go to the Update driver software.
- The wizard will start scanning the whole system and will apply all the updates.
- Now you have to restart your computer and try to reconnect your Microsoft Bluetooth mobile mouse 3600.
- You must be very careful while installing the new drivers because wrong drivers can destroy your whole system.
Fix#3: Checking if the Bluetooth Service is Running
Your Microsoft Bluetooth mobile mouse 3600 stops working and you are trying every solution. this method might work for you if you are continuously failing in connecting the mouse. Every system needs proper tools to work smoothly. In the same way, the Bluetooth device also needed to be processed correctly in your system. You will not be able to use the Bluetooth devices if it is disabled.
By following the below steps you can check the proper services;
- To open the elevated Run command line you have to press Windows key + R at a time.
- Type services.msc in the command line and press the enter button on your keypad.
- You will see a new window opening in front of you, where you should navigate to Bluetooth support service.
- It must be set to start, and if it is not you can do it with right click and choose Start.
Fix#4: Troubleshooting the System
There might be troubleshooting issues with your system and that’s why your Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working is happening again and again.
With your Windows 10, you can try a new tool for troubleshooting your system. Definitely, you can solve lots of major issues related to your system and one of them can be your Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working.
Below is the simple steps to run the Bluetooth troubleshooting problem;
- Go to the settings.
- Select the Update & Security option.
- Click on Troubleshoot from the left pane of the page.
- Now, it is alright if set to Started. You can even select Start by right click.
Fix#5: Restarting the Bluetooth Mouse
Sometimes when no solution is working, then starting over is the best option for you. When you are failed to solve the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working issue, you must try this.
Follow these steps to reset your mouse:
- In the search bar, type control panel and open it.
- Now go to the Hardware and Sound option and select Bluetooth Devices.
- Click on your Bluetooth mouse and choose Remove.
- Tap on Add and reset the device. Find and select the checkbox of the My device is set up and ready to be found and click on Next.
- If you are unable to find the device then restart again and find the device. Click on the Next option.
- You will get all the instructions for installation in the wizard.
Note that the device must be turned on and you are not required to replace the batteries. Your device must be connected properly to the system and it must be visible.
Fix# 6: Monitor Mouse Frequency
Unquestionably, wireless mice frequencies are often at risk to disruptions. Maybe it is the real problem with your Microsoft Bluetooth mobile mouse 3600.
Well, you can change the frequency of your mouse by opening the utility software of your mouse. You can change the mouse frequency from 500 to 250Hz.
That’s it! I think at least one solution will really help you out in solving the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working issue with your Window 10.